Quebec City, Quebec
At OVA / StellarX, we’re all about people, spatial computing, and XR experiences; it’s what we do best and it’s what makes us different. To design ethical immersive experiences that foster well-being and community building, we start with ourselves. As a team, we’re committed to maintaining a culture that’s open, inclusive, and diverse. In our workspace, Crew members feel valued for their work and are always recognized for what they bring.
We’re on a mission to design immersive spaces that are out of this world! StellarX empowers everybody to imagine, create, and explore like never before! Not only are we reshaping realities, but we’re using XR to transform lives.
These days, we're on the hunt for a curious and passionate senior developer to join our fun-loving Crew! If you like clean code and architecture and always shoot for quality, please keep reading. And, if the thought of joining a startup that specializes in virtual, augmented, and mixed realities gets you stoked, you just might be the one we're looking for!
As a Senior Developer, you'll work with our interdisciplinary cross-functional teams to imagine and bring to life stellar XR applications that empower and transform businesses and individuals alike! Expect to apply your full-stack knowledge, design skills, game mechanic ideas, and get ready to dive into research and experiment with the latest technologies. And, get comfortable with the idea of being uncomfortable. We're exploring uncharted territory, so we need Crew mates who aren't afraid to brave the unknowns (and knowns) of the mysterious Metaverse. Consequently, surviving in our industry requires hard work, a creative and analytical mindset, sheer determination, and a serious team player attitude. We're paving the way for spatial computing and we take great pride in our work. We're in this together; nothing can stop us!
Although we’ve been around for a while, we’re a small, yet mighty Crew of passionate individuals looking to impact the world, both virtual and IRL. So, if you’re the compassionate, easy-going, geeky type with a passion for product development and a sense of adventure, we should chat. Now, let's get into the nitty-gritty…
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create innovative immersive applications;
- Share your knowledge with the team;
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment;
- Work as a team to ensure projects are running smoothly;
- Manage documentation.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in a Computer Sciences related program;
- Relevant 5+ years programming experience;
- Mastery of Unity 3D is required;
- Computer graphics knowledge would be a considerable asset;
- Programming professionalism: clean code, architecture, quality, etc;
- Familiarity with the Agile approach to product development;
- Knowledge of deep design concepts;
- High level computing knowledge: optimization, data structures, algorithms, and programming languages.;
- Experienced with the following development tools: C#, Visual Studio, Git, and Gitlab to name a few;
- Networking and multiplayer knowledge would be a very good asset.
PERSONALITY & VIBE
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- Ability to manage stress;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to see the big picture;
- Team player;
- Innovative spirit;
- Attentive; a good listener.
Sound like you? Be sure to attach a copy of your most recent CV and send us an intro so that we can get to know you. If you have personal projects, do not hesitate to share them! At OVA, we're committed to employment equity, so if we think you’re the one, we’ll be in touch to follow upon your application.✨